What to write in an email to an embryo donor family when contacting them about their embryos?
When contacting an embryo donor family about their embryo, be sure to express your gratitude and understand the significance of their decision.
Here are some tips for writing an email to an embryo donor family:
- Introduce yourself: Introduce yourself and clarify why you are interested in adopting an embryo.
- Express your gratitude: Thank the donor family for choosing to donate their embryos, and let them know how grateful you are for their choice. And you understand the monumental implications of their choice to donate.
- Introduce your family: Share information about your family. This can include but is not limited to your values, beliefs, and goals. Describe why you believe you would provide best for a child’s needs, and how you hope to foster an environment conducive to the safety, development, and general well-being of any child born from the donated embryo.
- Share your personal experiences and story: Share your personal journey and how this led to your interest in embryo donation. Be open and honest about your goals and motivations, as this is the best way for the potential donor to get to know you.
- Ask for their embryo availability: After introducing yourself, ask the donor family if they still have embryos they are considering to donate. Then, politely ask if they would consider you and/or your family as the recipient of these available embryos.
- End by saying thank you: Finish your message to the donor by thanking the donor family for their time and consideration of your message. It is also beneficial to note how monumental a decision it is not only for you, but also for their family as well. Let them know that you are free to answer any questions they may have about you, your family, or anything else, and that you look forward to continuing communications with them.
The central objective of your email should be to start communicating with the donor family, and from there, help them understand who you are and what your hopes for the embryos are if they chose to donate them to you. Polite, understanding, and considerate communication will help you begin a positive relationship with the potential donor family, and it will prove to be very helpful as you move forward with the embryo donation process.
PLEASE NOTE: The information presented here are just ideas we hope will help guide you when writing an email to an embryo donor family. There is no guarantee that following the steps included above will help anyone be considered or chosen by an embryo donor family as an embryo recipient.