Searching for embryo donation
My husband and I were blessed to become parents through traditional domestic adoption. This time, we are hoping to use a known surrogate with a donated embryo to grow our family. We live on the East Coast; I am a school principal and my husband is a writer. Our daughter is 12 and attends school with me.
- Snapshot of my life and family:
Our immediate family consists of my husband, 12 year old daughter, and myself. We also have two doodles (Goldendoodle & Sheepadoodle). One of our favorite things to do is visit the ocean, which we are fortunate to do all throughout the year.
- Fertility story:
After a year of trying to conceive, we started with a fertility clinic. I had a myomectomy to remove fibroids. A year after that, I had weight loss surgery hoping that would increase my chances. The following year, we were told there was now too much scar tissue and my tubes would need to be removed. We decided to pursue domestic adoption and were blessed to be matched with a birthmother quickly. We opted for an open adoption and were allowed to be in the delivery room. In 2018, I required an emergency hysterectomy due to severe anemia. Our daughter's birthmother has agreed to be a gestational surrogate for us to finish growing our family.
- Marital status: Domestic partners
- My Information:
- I Am: Female
- My Age: 41 - 45
- My Race: African American
- My Eye Color: Brown
- My Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Partner Information: (Or N/A)
- My Partner Is: Male
- Partner Age or N/A: N/A
- Patner Race or N/A: Caucasian
- Partner Hair Color: N/A
- INFORMATION ABOUT THE EMBRYO(S) - If you are a RECIPIENT choose N/A.:
- Was an egg donor used or N/A? N/A
- Was sperm donor used or N/A? N/A
- How many embryos do you have available to donate? N/A - I am a Recipient